Buying En-Primeur (Pre-release)
"En Primeur" is the purchase of wine whilst it is still maturing in barrel. The main advantages of buying en primeur are:
- To purchase wines at the initial release prices. Wines re-released after bottling will usually be more expensive.
- To secure allocations of small-production wines that may not be commercially available after en primeur release.
- To own a wine from the start of its life - provenance is priceless.
- To purchase a birthyear vintage for a child, grandchild or godchild.
- To be able to choose large format wines – magnums, double magnums and imperials. Or to be able to order half bottles – especially in Sauternes.
- To purchase the latest vintages of a Chateau or producer that one has followed and purchased over the years. This is especially important for wines where there is always more demand than there is supply.
You can buy En Primeur in complete confidence from Dunell's as we are Jersey's foremost fine wine merchant, with a long record of successful and reliable trading. It is important to buy en primeur from a successful wine merchant with a good reputation and a track record of delivering the goods (and not just at the cheapest possible price). Please remember that peace of mind and reliability of supply are worth far more than a slightly discounted price.
Please see individual terms and conditions at the bottom of each product description. Thank you.