Buying En-Primeur (Pre-release)
"En Primeur" is the purchase of wine whilst it is still maturing in barrel (pre-release is purchasing before the wine is released to the market). The main advantages of buying en primeur are:
- To purchase wines at the initial release prices. Wines re-released after bottling will usually be more expensive.
- To secure allocations of small-production wines that may not be commercially available after en primeur release.
- To own a wine from the start of its life - provenance is priceless.
- To purchase a birthyear vintage for a child, grandchild or godchild.
- To be able to choose large format wines – magnums, double magnums and imperials. Or to be able to order half bottles – especially in Sauternes.
- To purchase the latest vintages of a Chateau or producer that one has followed and purchased over the years. This is especially important for wines where there is always more demand than there is supply.
You can buy En Primeur in complete confidence from Dunell's as we are Jersey's foremost fine wine merchant, with a long record of successful and reliable trading. It is important to buy en primeur from a successful wine merchant with a good reputation and a track record of delivering the goods (and not just at the cheapest possible price). Please remember that peace of mind and reliability of supply are worth far more than a slightly discounted price.
It is also possible to request your wines in different bottling formats, ie magnums, halves, cases of 6, 12 etc so if you would like your wine bottled in a different format please let us know as soon as possible. Please note we will be unable to accept any changes to these instructions after the end of the relevant campaign when we will pass the instructions to the property. Please note that it may not be possible to satisfy all bottling requests but that we will endeavour to meet all customer requirements. (Extra bottling charges will be added to the price on invoice).
Our Pre-Release or En Primeur prices include Jersey Import Duty and GST.
Customers who wish to buy for delivery to a UK bond or other address should contact us for more information (extra freight will be charged at cost).
There are NO storage charges for Pre-Release or En Primeur wines whilst they lie at the Chateau. Storage charges at our standard rates will be charged only on wines left with us after their delivery into Jersey and we will contact all our customers before this date to advise of the arrival of wines and to obtain storage or delivery instructions.
Please see individual terms and conditions at the bottom of each product description. Disclaimer - Prices of wine and spirits can go up or down. We are not liable for any losses incurred should any wine decrease in value from date of purchase. Thank you.